What ISLB students say?

Document Legalization and Qualification Recognition

According to the Law of Higher Education of Republic of Lithuania, every student applying for studies in Lithuanian accredited institution of higher education, and has obtained required qualification not in Lithuania, required to perform an official assessment of qualification.

The Procedure of Qualifications Assessment

Application Procedure

Documents needed for evaluation and recognition procedure of foreign upper secondary or/and higher education diplomas:

1.       Filled in application form for assessment (upper secondary educationhigher education);

2.       Filled in application form for recognition;

3.       Legalised and notarised copy of diploma(s);

4.       Legalised and notarised copy of academic transcript(s);

5.       Notarised translation of all the above mentioned documents into Lithuanian, English or Russian;

6.       Notarised copy of identification pages from the passport;

7.       Notarised copy of document regarding changed names;

8. Other documents (the CQAHE has a right to ask an applicant or an authorised person for additional documents or information. In this case, assessment procedure is suspended and continued only when all the additional documents or information have been received).

Attention: notarised copies and translations will be not returned.

In case documents are presented by authorised person, official letter of authorisation is required.

Documents can be handed in personally or sent by post to the following address:

The Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education

Studijų kokybės vertinimo centras

A. Goštauto g. 12, LT-01108 Vilnius, Lithuania
Tel. +370 5 210 47 72

Documents witnessing education acquired abroad are subject to legalisation if they have been issued in the state having not acceded to the 1961 Hague Convention concerning abolition of legalisation requirements of documents issued in foreign countries, or approved by “Apostille”  if  they have been issued in the state having acceded to the above mentioned Convention.

ATTENTION: The evaluation procedure is FREE of charge.

Legalization of Educational Documents

Applicants, who received their education in countries-members from the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, India, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. (In most countries the Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education.)

Applicants who received their education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.) should pass a double legalization of their educational documents:

First, the educational documents should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received;

Second, the documents should be legalized by the Lithuanian diplomatic mission or consular post in the country where education was received or in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.

What to avoid

Do not send any documentation (by email, regular mail, or fax) until and unless you have been specifically asked to do so by the appropriate agency. The documents required may not be the ones you think, or the agency you are sending them to may not be the appropriate one. You will be saving time, money and the possible loss of important and confidential documents.

Do not have any document translated on your own until you are told specifically that such a translation is needed and how to proceed with this. In this way, you will avoid possible unnecessary expenses.

Do not provide original documents. In most cases, duly certified copies should be sufficient. In case of doubt, you may be required to show the original documents, but do not send them by mail.