What ISLB students say?

Immigration Regulations

Temporary Residence Permit

A foreigner who intends to have education in the Republic of Lithuania shall be issued a Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) for one academic year. International Studies Department provides with all the necessary documents for the TRP when the candidate has been enrolled in International School of Law and Business (ISLB).

The student has to apply to the nearest Embassy/Consulate of the Republic of Lithuania for TRP. The person is provided with short-term visa by the above-mentioned institution as soon as the Migration Department in Lithuania confirms his application for TRP (the revision of the documents may take up to 3 months).

The TRP allows up to one year’s stay in Lithuania, and have to be renewed before 2 month student’s visa expires. The procedure of the temporary residence permit includes a compulsory medical health insurance.

In order to get TRP you have to present the following documents to Migration Office:

  • A valid passport or ID card (plus a copy of this document);
  • An application form (obtainable at the Migration Office, ISLB International Studies Department or ISLB Representative abroad);
  • European health insurance card (plus a copy of this document);
  • Certificate regarding enrolment at ISLB issued at ISLB International Studies Department);
  • Cheque from the bank indicating that you’ve paid 300 Lt for the document certifying your legal stay in Lithuania (the code of payment 5740).

In 5 working days Migration Office will prepare the document certifying your legal stay in Lithuania and will post it to ISLB. International Studies Department will inform you about the reception of this document.
After reception of the document, you must declare your living place in 7 working days at the Municipality Office (Seniūnija).

EU/EEA students do not need to get any type of visa. After arrival, they must:

  • Register in Migration Office in order to get TRP;
  • Declare the living place in Municipality Office.